Oh, how we have missed you! We hope this finds you and your family in good health. Our community and country has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed one thing has remained the same: our commitment to you and your safety!
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this before, during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupations Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes at your next appointment. We’ve made these changes to help protect you. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand, to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive.
- You will be offered hand sanitizer as you enter and leave the office. It will also be displayed throughout the office, for your use.
- Your temperature will be recorded in your health care record, when you arrive.
- You may see that there will no longer be magazines, children’s toys and so forth, in our waiting room. These items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be scheduled to minimize congestion. This means that we may need to modify your appointment time.
- Our waiting room capacity has been reduced.
- If you have a face mask that you are wearing in public, we invite you to wear it to the office.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back — our patients, neighbors and friends. Thank you for your help!
Dr. Chris Chaffin, DDS
Dr. Topher Chaffin, DDS